We are the leading ice cream brand in the UK and we are looking for somebody to head up our production kitchen. A unique and amazing opportunity!
You will need to be a master in your field and obsessed with ice cream and with food in general. You will have experience working in a highly rated ice cream business and ideally you will have worked in restaurant kitchens too. You will understand the science of ice cream and you will have an exceptional palette.
We have a daily changing menu in our shops and we make unique flavours. Naturally we make everything from scratch and we use the best ingredients. We are moving onto a farm and are about to start cultivating many of our own fruits, herbs and nuts and will also keep bees. We ferment our own miso, we make our own yoghurt, butter and cheeses and we are looking to start making our own chocolate, these are just a few examples. The opportunity for knowledge acquisition and hands-on experience is exceptional. You will also be encouraged to take on your own projects that you will suggest and then take control of.
You will be the head of a team of 5. You will be psychically making ice cream as well as taking care of paperwork and ordering. You will work 5 days a week, occasionally 6, mostly 8am-5pm. Sometimes more, sometimes less. The business can be very busy and sometimes there can be unexpected interruptions to your day that need dealing with. If you are counting the minutes you are working then this isn't the position for you.
Great company pension and 6 weeks fully paid holiday per year. Monthly Bonus based on personal performance and overall performance of the business.
- An in-depth knowledge of Excel
- Food hygiene qualification level 3
- At least 2 years experience working with both batch and continuous ice cream machinery. Must have mechanical as well as operational knowledge.
- Clean UK driving license and five years driving experience
- Degree level Education
- Knowledge and experience of HACCP management system
- Knowledge and experience of allergen management and documentation
- Knowledge and experience of batch tracking and recall procedures and implementation
If you feel like this sounds like a life for you please get in touch!
Jack's Gelato, Cambridge, UK.
PLEASE ONLY GET IN TOUCH IF YOU HAVE DEEP EXPERIENCE IN THIS INDUSTRY